Dear Students, Staff, Parents and Community Members,
At the regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Trustees of Hardin School Districts 17H & 1 on May 11, 2021, the following items were approved for the 2021-22 school year…
- School will start for ALL students ONSITE August 26, 2021 as previously adopted this past fall.
- Students/Staff will be in the buildings. Instruction will be provided FIVE (5) days a week, Monday through Friday for ALL students. There may be a slight adjustment in minutes to the day; however, those details will be developed this summer as schedules and handbooks are finalized by the Board of Trustees.
- Instruction will be delivered by Hardin School Districts 17H & 1 teachers ONSITE as was traditionally done BEFORE COVID-19 struck in March of 2020; there will be no ONLINE/REMOTE sessions available to start the year. It has been evident that our students/families AND staff need our students onsite to provide the best instructional opportunities available.
- Though bus routes have been running “normal” throughout most of this academic year, all buses will be running their normal routes with established times as they did BEFORE COVID-19.
- We fully intend to operate our school nutrition program as we did BEFORE COVID-19; a full breakfast in the classroom model and a complete hot lunch service mid-day. We will NOT be able to continue our current model of food service/delivery AND fulfill our meal obligations above as our school nutrition staff simply do not have enough hours in the day to meet all the obligations. However, with students ONSITE…the need for the current model is no longer necessary.
Please note that changes may occur throughout the summer, especially if things should change regarding the pandemic. Please pay close attention to our website and Facebook page for further information and procedural changes/updates in preparation for summer school and the start of the 2021-22 school year.
Eldon C. Johnson, Supt
Hardin School Districts 17H & 1